Due to our exciting new expansion into Blackburn, we have a number of roles in our Design department.
We are looking for both 2D and 3D design engineers to work closely with Production.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to;
· Experience in mechanical or electrical design
· Ability to read schematics
· Familiar with the use of 3D or 2D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor & Vault
· Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and work as part of a team or independently as required
· Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Proficiency in the day to day use of Microsoft based operating systems and the Office suite (Outlook / Word / Excel)
· Previous experience of mechanical design of electrical equipment such as power distribution, packaged substations or switchgear would be considered advantageous.
· Previous experience of designing sheet metal products would be considered beneficial
· Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems.
We are looking for experienced applicants only. If you feel you could fulfill the above please apply online.
In return we offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and long service holidays.
An opportunity presents itself for the right candidate, to join a dynamic forward-thinking company with the drive and ambition to succeed as market leaders in our industry. As part of our companies’ growth we are continually enhancing the design systems and how they integrate with Sales, Manufacturing and other departments. We already have many Autodesk automated based systems in place that are instrumental in the way work processes from Design through to Production. We are looking for an individual with advanced Autodesk knowledge, specialising in 2018 Inventor and Vault Professional that can create automation templates to dramatically improve the processing time and overall efficiency in many of the departments across the business.
A competitive rate salary & benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Creation of parametric models of our product range
· Creation of Advanced configurable Autodesk Inventor models
· Continual improvements to existing configurable systems across all departments.
· Responsible for administrative role within Autodesk Vault Professional including lifecycles, Categories…etc.
· Parametric Revit creation
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Advanced Inventor knowledge (2018)
· Autodesk Vault Professional – Administrative role (2018)
· Advanced Autodesk illogic and automation processes
· Advanced functions of Microsoft Excel / Access
· Great Code problem solving skills
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Working within a sheet metal environment.
· Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical
· Previous experience working within a production manufacturing facility
· Autodesk Inventor Sheet metal working knowledge
· Autodesk Inventor Wiring & harness working knowledge
Databar is part of the Mardix Group, a leading global provider of critical power systems which includes design and manufacture of custom engineered Low Voltage Switchgear, Power Distribution Units, Power Management and Control Systems and on-site installation / lifecycle maintenance services.
The successful candidates must be self-motivated but also demonstrate the ability to work with enthusiasm as part of a growing team. Candidates must work efficiently and provide consistent high-quality work product whilst working to deadlines, in return for which Databar offers good rates of pay with higher rate overtime being available during busy periods and Company benefits.
Experience is not necessary, just an eye for detail and willingness to learn. The main roles and responsibilities are to;
· Assembly of databar to exacting standards
· Part build electrical equipment
· Use of hand tools i.e. spanners, sockets, screw-drivers, rivet guns & inserting machines
· Cleaning panels ready for test and inspection
· Check build against drawings and obtain quality sign off from designer
· Packaging product for dispatch
If If you feel you would be right for this role, please apply by clicking 'apply online' at the top of the page.