As part of our expansion into our exciting new site in Blackburn, we are looking for Sales Estimators to work alongside our experienced Business Development Managers. It's a fast pased environment which requires forward thinking individuals who self-motivated.
The main duties of a Sales Estimator is;
· Estimating all types of LV Switchgear projects
· Managing enquiries and meeting deadlines
· Assisting with administrative tasks as required
· Promoting of all Mardix products/services, expanding of our customer base including improving the design of our products, services and client liaison as required
· Assisting other Mardix departments so they can efficiently manage Projects to maximise the profits of the company
· Liaising with clients over the phone to expand our customer base
If you are feel this role is the right opportunity for you, please do not hestitate to apply online.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and long service holidays.
We are looking for experienced, dynamic Project Managers to be an integral part of our processes. The sucessful candidate will work closely with our Senior Project Managers and Project Directors to learn about the product and help deliver the complete package to our clients.
The main roles and responsibilities will be;
· Understanding of basic electrical principles and power distribution
· To deliver Projects to specification, on time, on schedule, in line with the Company standards of Quality and Safety and to budget so as to maximize the profits of the Company
· To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
· To lead & drive a Project Team in terms of ownership, translating, managing & reporting all aspects of the project
· To identify necessary resources and assign individual responsibilities where appropriate
· To build and maintain effective working relationships with the client, colleagues and any other associated third party
· To manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects
· To review deliverables prepared by the team before passing to client
· To effectively apply the Company’s methodology and enforce project standards
· To implement and manage project changes and interventions to required timescales & cost restrictions
· To control, monitor and manage assigned projects to include regular reporting against plans & where necessary intervening to ensure a timely delivery
· To ensure effective, timely & appropriate solutions are developed, communicated & implemented to fulfil the business requirement
· To ensure that project activities are coordinated with related projects & functional activities so delays are avoided
· To minimize exposure and risk throughout the project
· To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
· To provide concise & accurate reports to the Projects Director at monthly production meetings
· To return monthly applications & invoicing to the financial team on time
Experience of Switchgear is not essesntial but electrical engineering experience is desired.
This is a rewarding role that is ideal for the type of person is like to see end results and follow tasks through. We offer competitive rates of pay, bonus scheme and long service holidays.
To apply for this role please click apply online and upload your CV.
Due to our exciting new expansion into Blackburn, we have a number of roles in our Design department.
We are looking for both 2D and 3D design engineers to work closely with Production.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to;
· Experience in mechanical or electrical design
· Ability to read schematics
· Familiar with the use of 3D or 2D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor & Vault
· Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and work as part of a team or independently as required
· Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Proficiency in the day to day use of Microsoft based operating systems and the Office suite (Outlook / Word / Excel)
· Previous experience of mechanical design of electrical equipment such as power distribution, packaged substations or switchgear would be considered advantageous.
· Previous experience of designing sheet metal products would be considered beneficial
· Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems.
We are looking for experienced applicants only. If you feel you could fulfill the above please apply online.
In return we offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme and long service holidays.
This is a great opportunity to be integral part of the Production team. It is a vital role within Mardix Ltd, and therefore we are looking for someone with experience.
The main roles and responsibilities will be;
· Development of internal Quality processes
· Driving improvement within the production environment
· Experience in conducting internal and external audits to ISO9001 Standards
· Have a good understanding of Quality Management systems ISO9001, 14001 AND 18001
· Lead activities such as quality improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, problem solving and defect reduction initiatives
· Working alongside the Project Manager and within the project team, ensuring all the aspects of quality are addressed for new projects
· Liaise as required following any quality issues with products supplied
If you would like to apply for this role please click 'apply online' and there will be an option to upload your CV and Covering letter.
We have an exciting and quite rare role that has arisen in our R&D team. The role will have the following responsibilities;
Experience & Background
If you feel you meet this criteria please do not hestitate to apply by clicking 'apply online' or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We have a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our Sales Team. The role is ideal for someone with a brief sales background but has great attention to detail and organisation skills.
The main responsibilites will be to;
· Logging all customer enquiries on vision for LV, MV, IBAR, PMS and ASIA
· Creating all customer enquiry files
· Logging all additions from project managers
· Quoting small additions for the projects team
· Processing customer and subcontractor orders
· Updating applications with any changes to orders or additions
· Liaising with the Commercial Director with regards to signed sub-contract orders/LOIs/NDAs
· Liaising with the accounts team with any pricing queries
· Liaising with accounts to organise credit checks for new customers
· Completing all pre-qualification questionnaires
· Completing all LV technical submittals
· Answering general queries from clients – via telephone/email
To apply either click 'apply online' or email your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a fast growing production team, who work efficiently and to a high standard. We are looking for someone with experience who can be an intergral part of this team.
The role has the following responsibilities;
· Ensure Mardix products are manufactured efficiently, effectively and to required deadlines
· Minimise any additional costs that may be incurred during the production process and report when and why additional costs have been incurred and how they can be avoided next time
· Ensure site requirements are completed and met as required
· Manage and liaise with team leaders to ensure production runs smoothly
· To redeploy shop floor employees within the factory to assist other departments and/or teams as and when required
· Assist in the recruitment process for shop floor staff
· Manage shop floor employees to ensure standards of behaviour and discipline are met and maintained
· Manage team leaders effectively, including holidays, absences and flexibility to ensure production is not disrupted
· Manage team leaders work, output and ability and report to Production Director
· To be ultimately responsible for all works undertaken by the shop floor teams
To apply either click 'apply online' on the vacancies page or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We offer competitve rates of pay, employee benefits and pension scheme.
An opportunity presents itself for the right candidate, to join a dynamic forward-thinking company with the drive and ambition to succeed as market leaders in our industry. As part of our companies’ growth we are continually enhancing the design systems and how they integrate with Sales, Manufacturing and other departments. We already have many Autodesk automated based systems in place that are instrumental in the way work processes from Design through to Production. We are looking for an individual with advanced Autodesk knowledge, specialising in 2018 Inventor and Vault Professional that can create automation templates to dramatically improve the processing time and overall efficiency in many of the departments across the business.
A competitive rate salary & benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Creation of parametric models of our product range
· Creation of Advanced configurable Autodesk Inventor models
· Continual improvements to existing configurable systems across all departments.
· Responsible for administrative role within Autodesk Vault Professional including lifecycles, Categories…etc.
· Parametric Revit creation
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Advanced Inventor knowledge (2018)
· Autodesk Vault Professional – Administrative role (2018)
· Advanced Autodesk illogic and automation processes
· Advanced functions of Microsoft Excel / Access
· Great Code problem solving skills
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Working within a sheet metal environment.
· Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical
· Previous experience working within a production manufacturing facility
· Autodesk Inventor Sheet metal working knowledge
· Autodesk Inventor Wiring & harness working knowledge
Databar is part of the Mardix Group, a leading global provider of critical power systems which includes design and manufacture of custom engineered Low Voltage Switchgear, Power Distribution Units, Power Management and Control Systems and on-site installation / lifecycle maintenance services.
The successful candidates must be self-motivated but also demonstrate the ability to work with enthusiasm as part of a growing team. Candidates must work efficiently and provide consistent high-quality work product whilst working to deadlines, in return for which Databar offers good rates of pay with higher rate overtime being available during busy periods and Company benefits.
Experience is not necessary, just an eye for detail and willingness to learn. The main roles and responsibilities are to;
· Assembly of databar to exacting standards
· Part build electrical equipment
· Use of hand tools i.e. spanners, sockets, screw-drivers, rivet guns & inserting machines
· Cleaning panels ready for test and inspection
· Check build against drawings and obtain quality sign off from designer
· Packaging product for dispatch
If If you feel you would be right for this role, please apply by clicking 'apply online' at the top of the page.